9 THINGS WE KNOW ABOUT THE LEFTOVERS – SEASON 2
Thanks to sources such as Deadline, TV Line, Amy Brenneman, and Damon Lindelof himself, we are beginning to piece together the world we will see in the second season of The Leftovers. Here’s what we know so far:
1. Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta are both returning to work on Season 2.
2. Lindelof has said that time will have passed between Season 1 and Season 2. They won’t be moving backwards in time.
3. The second season will deviate from the book as they exhausted pretty much all available plot lines in the novel.
4. The second season will film in Texas, not in New York.
5. Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Margaret Qualley, Chris Zylka, Carrie Coon, and Christopher Eccleston will all return from the first season.
6. Liv Tyler and Ann Dowd are both rumored to be making return appearances.
7. An African-American family will be featured in a significant way. That family will consist of John and his wife, Erika. They will have two kids, Evie and Michael.
8. Regina King will play Erika Murphy, a doctor who runs the local Urgent Care in town.
9. Filming begins in Austin, Texas next week.